- Bring all your key stakeholders together into the most creative environment and most collaborative process they have ever experienced
- Quickly learn what other industries are doing to respond to the kinds of changes you are seeing in your marketplace
- Dramatically reduce the time it takes you to explore strategic alternatives and promising new business models
- Use a process that combines creativity and precision to select the path forward that holds the highest potential for success
- Build an aligned, committed team that can accelerate the implementation of your transformation
DesignShop® reliably produces outcomes like these, time and again, with organizations all around the world. The patented DesignShop® Process was designed specifically to help solve highly complex problems by bringing all the stakeholders together in an experience that combines creativity with precision and discovery with decision, to produce breakthrough results. Our clients typically report that they accomplish months – even years – of difficult work in the few days we spend together.
Our clients include some of the best companies, public sector organizations, and not-for-profit organizations in the world.
From helping a huge aerospace company reinvent the process it uses to design new airplanes, reducing the cost of bringing a new medicine to market, helping to design and roll out a company’s manufacturing facility of the future, working with a major automotive manufacturer to design a new integrated IT system, engaging the Millennial generation in rebuilding New Orleans after Katrina, to accelerating the multi-faith movement for justice in America, we help our clients achieve results beyond their expectations.
Rob Evans is one of the world’s best known and most respected leaders of the DesignShop® Process. He has worked with over 25,000 executives representing 35+ of the current Fortune 100 companies. Rob has also trained hundreds of facilitators and knowledge workers in this proprietary methodology over the last two decades while tirelessly working to make the process ever more effective.
Heather Kelly is a DesignShop® Facilitator with Imaginal Labs LLC. Heather specializes in team-based transformations using the process to drive innovation and alignment. Her passion for collaborative design evolved from her time at Ernst and Young, and later Capgemini where she helped to build the Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE). These centers pioneered the development of large-scale collaborative projects to dramatically accelerate strategy and organizational transformation projects.
Download the slide deck DesignShop® Overview – Accelerating Decisions, Design, and Delivery
Imagine if a bio-pharma company could reduce the cost and time that it takes to develop and bring to market a new life-saving medicine by 30%.
In today’s reality, that would mean reducing the development time by 3-5 years and saving $500 million – which could be reinvested in more new medicines and lives saved.
Our client gathered the top 50 people in their clinical development organization responsible for a multibillion $ pipeline of promising drugs with the challenge of designing a way to reduce the cost of drug development by 30% – more than $500 million – beyond which the company management had thought possible.
Our DesignShop® provided the environment that allowed the participants to challenge all aspects of the current state and design and stress test alternative scenarios. The result was an action plan that embraced radical external collaboration with competitors and leveraged technology and data.
Imagine if a global Pharmaceutical company was able to design a commercially viable and socially responsible strategy and operations that could get their life saving medicines to the 4 Billion people in the world who make less that $3 a day.
Our client brought 60 executives from all parts of the company – R&D, manufacturing, legal, sales and marketing, public affairs and philanthropy together with external stakeholders – the World Bank, the American Cancer Society, socially responsible investors, Grameen Bank, the Gates Foundation – to design an approach that would could heal the world.
Our DesignShop® helped define what the world needed from this company and what their leaders – – the local heads of their operations in Africa, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, China – wanted to aspire to. Imagine being able to go home to your country knowing that you did all that you were able to leave a legacy that mattered to millions.
Imagine if a global retail company that had grown through acquisitions was able to create a positive and seamless in-store experience with their customers that would be experienced in a similar way across divisions and geographies and would build the employee engagement, customer engagement, brand and value.
Our client, who had a history of operating relatively autonomously, brought together 50 executives from across the divisions and geographies into a DesignShop® to start a visioning process to align everyone around:
- What does the in-store experience look like in 2020?
- How do we get there from where we are today?
- How do we move with speed and confidence?
- How do we do it in a way that fully engages our employees as well as our customers
In a recent DesignShop®, leaders said Imaginal Labs said we helped them:
- Establish a creative environment where they could study relevant information quickly
- Ignite the group’s creative power through visualizing with powerful modeling techniques
- Create a model based on each business unit’s “stage of enterprise”
- Craft a model that was configurable in the workplace
Imagine bringing 85 religious leaders and activists together in a DesignShop® to explore ways to advance the multifaith movement for justice. The leaders came from every faith tradition, different generations, different races and sexual orientation, and from across the political spectrum. And they left as a community committed to collective impact and collaboration.
We accomplished the following objectives:
- Enhanced awareness and alignment for the current landscape for social justice
- Explored how we think change happens and how our different approaches might connect and reinforce each other
- Discovered specific ways to leverage and magnify our assets in order to get to scope and scale
- Created an actionable common vision of a better world with enough specificity that we can accelerate our collective impact, and measure our progress along the way
- Better equipped everyone for the journey by sharing tools, methodologies, behaviors, and relationships
Imagine if a professional services firm was able to bring together 65 partners from all over the world and have a real time DesignShop® held simultaneously in London in NY to design the best solutions to help its Life Sciences clients transform their companies to meet the opportunities of a changing healthcare landscape globally?
Our client was able to get 12 months of work done in 3 days by assembling all the people you needed from around the world in 2-3 locations and design the work so that you could use all 24 hours in the day by passing the work baton from US, to Europe to Asia so that two locations were always working together. And have your clients participate as well.
Our DesignShop® allowed the partners of a global professional services firm to design leading solutions for the Life Sciences industry